Mick George Community Fund Awards Grants
The successful groups to receive a share of the £230,000 available for this funding round are:
- IDID Adventure CIC; to provide an exciting new indoor Climbing Centre in Corby
- Ringstead Parish Council: to create a new community garden in Ringstead’s village centre, on the site of a derelict factory
- Nene Park Trust: to provide new nesting chambers for Sand Martins in Nene Park, with linked live video facilities in the Visitor Centre
- Market Deeping Cricket Club: to purchase a new ‘heavy roller’ to improve the Club’s playing facilities, plus new practise nets and equipment
- Somersham Victory Hall Management Committee: to install acoustic panels in the hall, to reduce the echo and to enable the group to hold regular community Film Nights
- Mawsley Parish Council: to provide an Outdoor Gym on Mawsley Village Playing Field
- Addenbrookes Charitable Trust: to redevelopment the community and outpatients garden, creating a beautiful, calming and restful outdoor space
Monies for the Community Fund are provided by Mick George through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George Ltd said:
‘’The Mick George Community Fund has proven invaluable to many local communities, helping to create, restore and protect a whole array of landmarks and projects. Since 2010 when the programme was launched, including this round of funding, in excess of £1million has been invested in over 35 individual projects”
Up to £500,000 is made available through the Fund each year which is split over two funding rounds.
Grants are available for amounts between £5,000 and £50,000, although it is unlikely individual grants over £35,000 will be made.
For further details about the Fund, please click below: