Ysgellog Wind Farm Ltd Criteria
Ysgellog Wind Farm Ltd uses an online application process. Applications in other formats will not, therefore, be accepted.
However, if your group is not able to complete an online application form due to specific communication requirements, please contact GrantScape so that we can help you with alternative arrangements.
Online applications to each funding round must be submitted to GrantScape by the published deadline date. Applications received after a closing date will be not be considered.
Please read the following very carefully to make sure you are eligible before you apply.
The eligibility criteria is also available in Welsh. Please click here to download it.
Applications must be for projects (or benefit communities) that are located within 4 km of the wind turbines. Please click below to check if your project qualifies:
- Energy efficiency or renewable energy projects, such as insulation, efficient boilers or small scale renewable energy installations
- Training or education projects, especially vocational training for unemployed young people under the age of 25 years old
- Projects for school age children or old age pensioners
- Any other community projects for the benefit of residents of the local area
Organisations can apply for grants between £500 and £2,000.
- Voluntary, community groups, Community, and Town Councils
- Schools and educational establishments
- Social enterprises (including credit unions, co-operatives, social firms, community owned enterprises, community interest companies and development trusts) provided they operate on a not-for-profit basis
Applicants are required to have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account, held in the name of the organisation, in place before applying for a grant.
Groups must have a Welsh language policy in place before applying.
All applicants will be required to provide a minimum of 20% match funding towards the cost of their project. This must be a financial contribution as donations in-kind will not be taken into account. Therefore, if your total project cost is £2,000, you can only apply to this Fund for £1,600. The other £400 must be found from other sources.
Successful applicants are not eligible to apply for another grant in the following round. In other words, if you were awarded a grant in 2021 you cannot apply again until the 2023 deadline. (Please note, this does not apply to Community Councils or Town Councils if the application is for a completely different project at a different location). If you are in any doubt, please contact us to discuss.
Groups must reflect in their application the bilingual nature of the area.
Grants will not be available for:
- Commercial organisations
- Private membership based sports clubs and facilities unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction (e.g. not membership by nomination organisations)
- Projects that only benefit one individual
- Retrospective funding i.e. projects that have already been completed, whether or not already paid for
- Works considered a statutory responsibility, such as scheduled transport services, works to public highways and public car parks or works at Schools that are the responsibility of the Local Education Authority
The main criteria used when assessing applications received will be:
- The social, economic and environmental benefits which will result from the project
- The level of community support for and involvement in the project
- The location of the project in relation to the turbines
- The number of people within the stated area of benefit that will benefit from the project
Other factors will also be considered which must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed i.e. its sustainability and legacy
- Value for money
- The use of local contractors has been considered wherever possible
If, after reading the above, you are confident that your project meets the criteria, please click Next, below: